P.zza Giuseppe Poggi, 1 - 50125 Firenze (FI)
P.Iva 03507880486 tel +39 055 244041
fax +39 055 244042
Ipostudio architects has worked in the fields of architecture, design and research, in Florence since 1984.
The founder partners are:
- Lucia Celle, architect;
- Roberto Di Giulio, architect, Phd, Full Professor and Dean of the Department of Architecture, University of Ferrara;
- Carlo Terpolilli, architect, Associated Professor of the Department of Architecture, University of Florence;
- Elisabetta Zanasi Gabrielli, architect.
Since 2014, Panfilo Cionci – architect; Beatrice Turillazzi – architect, PhD; Luca Belatti – architect, PhD and Visiting Professor at i2a International Institute of Architecture of Lugano; and Mariagiulia Bennicelli – architect, PhD; have been associated to Ipostudio.
Ipostudio’s work has been published and exhibited locally and abroad, such as Biennale di Architettura of Venice and Triennale exposition in Milan. It has been awarded with several architectural prize, such as Triennale of Milan prize “Medaglia d’oro dell’architettura” in 2006 and “Arch&Stone ‘08” prize in 2008.
Ipostudio activity is based on a wide experience in the field of architectural design of private and public buildings and facilities, carried out through professional commissions and taking part in national and international architectural competitions.
Within his own design activities Ipostudio has matured a vast experience in the sector of the planning of public buildings to social and collective use.
Particularly Ipostudio has developed design projects in the following private and public sector sectors, such as – inter alia – houses, housing for students, housing for the elderly people, schools, hospitals, office buildings, museums, libraries, hotels and marina.
The design activity of Ipostudio is oriented to reach the highest quality of architectural projects practicing through an environmental building and durability awareness.
The major built works are:
- “The new Museum of Innocenti”, restoration, reorganization and new exhibition spaces of the monumental complex “Istituto degli Innocenti” in Florence, Italy (2008 – under construction), First prize in the international design competition (participation by invitation only), 2008.
- Boarding School for disable children and teenagers, Lommel, Belgium, 2008/2013.
- New entrance and Headquarter of the Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy (2002/2011).
- Health centre and houses for elderly people, with restoration of ancient existing buildings in Montemurlo (Prato), Italy, 1999/2010.
- Primary school and Gymnasium in Albinia, Grosseto, Italy, 2013 - on-going.
- Health centre and houses for elderly people in Poggibonsi (Siena), Italy, 2001/2005.
- Premises for the “Banca del Chianti Fiorentino” in Sambuca Val di Pesa, Florence, Italy, 1998/2002.
Ipostudio’s works have been awarded in several national and international design competitions and have been published in Italy and abroad on international architectural magazines and books, like Casabella, Area, Abitare, Ecologik, C3, L’Arca, Ottagono, A10, Future, UME. A wide selection of these works is collected in the book "Ipostudio, la concretezza della modernità" by Marco Mulazzani, published by Electa Mondadori in 2008.