Fratelli Beretta, historic Italian company in the production of sausages and hams, is already present in America with two factory, one in New Jersey and the other in California.
The project, which will be completed by May 2015, is the new factory of New Jersey located in Mount Olive and inserted in a natural environment characterized by the presence of vast green areas and forests.
The industrial complex is divided into two separate buildings that are distinguished by size, surface area, height and finishes.
The production unit of about 182,000 square feet is realized with an iron structure and closed by prefabricated panels, dark brown so as to visually reduce the impact of the construction and to mention the color of the old food industries realized in bricks that are part of the tradition.
On the road, separated from the plant, the office building, 390 feet long, divided into three areas, separated by two inner courtyards, remains suspended on the ground and is completely coated with cedar planks.
The project is inspired to the nature of the place which is characterized by the presence of large green areas, and the trees of the forest that is the backdrop of the new complex and search a close relationship with the natural elements existing with the use of colors and materials finish similar to the landscape.
The organization of the plan locates the parking and the movement of vehicles along the south and north sides, leaving the area free and surrounded by greenery on the eastern front that is raised above the street level.
The intent is to relate the elements of nature with those of finishing of the building to create a visual continuity between the wood and building, trees, and the coating of wood.
Italian Contribution to the project
- Architectural design: Studio di Architettura Marco Castelletti: Arch. Marco Castelletti, Arch. Ermanno Cairo, Patrizia Viganò, Arch. Elisa Torre, Arch. Sara Carrozzo, Arch. Valeria D’Amico;
- Plant project offices: Studio tecnico impianti Como: Ing. Marco Fortis;
- Layout project and warehouse plants: Ufficio Tecnico Beretta e responsabile commessa Geom. Corrado Riva.
- Structures: Ware Malcomb 180 Raritan Center Parkway, Edison NJ;
- Plants: KEA Engineers 33 Wood Ave South, Iselin, NJ.
- Phelps Construction Group, 315 Wootton Street, Boonton, NJ
PRODUCTS MADE IN ITALY
- Office windows Schuco Italia : Thema s.r.l. - Verano Brianza (Mb);
- Lighting equipment: Viabizzuno s.r.l. – Bentivoglio (Bo);
- Office furnishings: Citterio spa – Dolzago (Lc);
- Warehouse plants: Travaglini S.P.A- - Cinisello Balsamo (MI).
Architetto Marco Castelletti
via Battisti 7/L - 22036 Erba (CO)
Banks, Bar/Restaurants, Houses, Offices, Public Spaces, Religious buildings, Residential, Schools and Universities, Stores